Tech Prep Showcase
2018 TECH PREP SHOWCASE: April 12, 2018
Registration is a two-step process. First, teams are asked to register for the Showcase, providing instructor and team member information, after which a Showcase ID will be provided via email. Important: the registration deadline is March 21st. Next, teams are asked to complete the Project Summary Form once their summaries are complete and prior to the March 28th deadline.
NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Additional Information & Resources
- Project Summary questions link
- 2018 teacher instructions link
- 2018 Showcase judging rubric link
- Medical Bioscience and Medical Bioscience (PLTW) teams have a separate judging rubric/scorecard and scientific paper to complete. These teams are to submit a paper using the formatting guidelines as described in the document below titled "Medical Bioscience Research Outline and Scientific Paper Guidelines." See PDF file links below:
For more information about the Sinclair Tech Prep Showcase, please contact Miami Valley Tech Prep Consortium Director, Wendell Meyers, at (937) 512-2198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year, Miami Valley Tech Prep students have an opportunity to compete in the Sinclair Tech Prep Showcase. Students develop contextual learning projects based on the skills and knowledge they have gained in their Tech Prep classes. Teams are judged according to a rubric using the following criteria:
- Project research and development
- Authentic work based learning
- Academic/technical skills
- Professional relationships
- Presentation skills
The Showcase features projects from 15 Ohio career fields: Agricultural & Environmental Systems, Arts & Communication, Business & Administrative Services, Construction Technologies, Education & Training, Engineering & Science Technologies, Finance, Health Science, Hospitality & Tourism, Human Services, Information Technology, Law & Public Safety, Manufacturing Technologies, Marketing, and Transportation Systems.
The Showcase provides students with the opportunity to network with other consortium students and to interact with judges from education, business, industry, and labor.